Fisheries New Zealand seeks feedback for:
- proposed changes to the sustainability measures for several selected fish stocks or stock groupings, including:
- Blue Cod (BCO 7)
- Red Gurnard (GUR 3 and 7)
- Hoki (HOK 1)
- Attached Bladder Kelp (KBB 3G and 4G)
- Rough and Smooth Skates (RSK 8 and SSK 8)
- Scampi (SCI 1)
- Gemfish (SKI 3 and 7)
- Snapper (SNA 7)
- Rig (SPO 3 and 7)
- Blue warehou (WAR 2 and 8)
- deemed value rate reviews for:
- Kingfish (KIN 3, 7 and 8
- Snapper (SNA 2)
- Trevally (TRE 1)
The consultation closes on 5pm on Friday the 22nd July 2022.
For more information see the Fisheries New Zealand website.
Review of east coast tarakihi sustainability measures
Fisheries New Zealand are consulting on further changes to catch limits for the east coast tarakihi fishery.
For more information please see here.
MPI Media Release - Feedback sought on changes to fisheries settings for sustainability