Fisheries New Zealand seeks feedback for:
- proposed changes to the sustainability measures for several selected fish stocks or stock groupings, including:
- Hoki (HOK 1)
- Ling (LIN 5)
- Gemfish (SKI 3 and 7)
- Black Cardinal Fish (CDL 1)
- Southern Bluefin Tuna (STN 1)
- Snapper (SNA 8)
- Hāpuku / Bass (HPB 1 and 2)
- Red Gurnard (GUR 1 and 7)
- Pāua (PAU 3A and 3B)
- Blue Cod (BCO 3)
- School Shark (SCH 5)
- deemed value rate reviews for:
- Alfonsino (BYX 2)
- Blue Cod (BCO 7)
- Bluenose (BNS 2)
- Gemfish (SKI 1 and 2)
- Kingfish (KIN 8)
The consultation closes on 5pm on Tuesday the 27th July 2021.
For more information see the Fisheries New Zealand website.
Review of east coast tarakihi sustainability measures
Fisheries New Zealand is consulting on further changes to catch limits for the east coast tarakihi fishery.
For more information please see here.
MPI Media Release - Feedback sought on fisheries catch limits