Fisheries New Zealand is seeking feedback from tangata whenua and stakeholders on proposed changes to the sustainability measures and other management controls for selected fishstocks.
- Gemfish (SKI 3 and 7)
- Hake (HAK 7)
- Hoki (HOK 1)
- Ling (LIN 7)
- Orange roughy (ORH 3B)
- Orange roughy (ORH 7A)
- Kina (SUR 1A and 1B)
- Pāua(PAU 4)
- Red snapper (RSN 1 and 2)
- Top of the South trawl fishery for 4 stocks
Elephant fish (ELE 7); Gurnard (GUR 7); John dory (JDO 7); Rig (SPO 7)
- Tarakihi (TAR 1, 2, 3 and 7)
They also want your feedback about:
- deemed value rate reviews for 8 fish stocks
- a proposal to add snapper, tarakihi, scallops, and blue cod to those species whose catch must be reported by amateur fishing charter vessel operators.
The consultation closes on 26 July 2019.
For more information see the Fisheries New Zealand website.