Page last updated: 6th September 2022.
You can submit your Monthly Harvest Returns (MHR) via the FishServe website. Use the guide below to find out more about MHRs and how to submit them.
A PDF version of this guide is available here.
To amend an MHR, please refer to the MHR amendment guide.
- Submitting MHRs
- Generate from ERS Details
|1||Click the Returns tab to begin submitting an MHR.
Note: You must be signed into FishServe and have Returns authorisation to do this.
|2||The Monthly Harvest Returns screen will display.
Note: Refer to the MHR Summary Screen page for more information.
|3||Click Submit for the month/year of the return (e.g. July 2022)
|4||The Monthly Harvest Return will display.
|5||If you have catch to report, go to step 8.
If you have no catch to report, go to step 6.
|6||You need to submit a nil return if you have no catch to report for the month.
To do this, select No from the drop-down menu under Do you have any catch to report for this month?
|7||A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the nil return.
Click Confirm if you have no catch to report.
Go to step 14.
|8||To report your catch for the month, you can:
|Generating MHRs from ER|
Click Generate from ERS to pull return details from the landing and disposal reports you have submitted to FishServe.
From the drop-down menu, you can choose either:
Note: This method overwrites any information already entered for the return. The Generate from ERS button will not be available when:
|10||A pop-up window displays after choosing Draft MHR, which will display the following information:
Check that all details are correct, then click Generate from ERS.
The details generated will not be retained unless you save or submit the MHR.You can amend your landing and disposal reports and re-generate the MHR details any time up until the MHR is balanced.
|11||Once you have generated the MHR details, you can make additional changes before saving or submitting the MHR (e.g. adding stock lines, changing weights, adding/removing vessels).
Go to step 14.
|Manually Entering MHRs|
|12||Under catch details, enter the stock and catch details.
Only valid stock codes and whole amounts for catch can be entered.
Click Add another stock to add more stock lines. You can also use the tab and enter keys to add another stock after entering a catch amount.
Enter as many as required.
Click the X over to the right-hand side to delete stock lines.
|13||Any vessel registered to you will be listed under vessel details.
Tick the box to add vessels to the MHR.
Untick boxes to remove vessels from the MHR.
Click Or find and add another operator’s vessel to add a vessel that is not listed.
This will display a search window where you can search by vessel number or name to find another operator’s vessel.
|14||Click Confirm MHR to submit the return.
Click Save Draft MHR if you’re not ready to submit the return yet. This allows you to add more details later.
Note: You won’t meet your reporting obligations until you have selected Confirm MHR.
|15||A pop-up window displays after choosing Confirm MHR.
Check that all details are correct, then click Complete MHR.
|16||The Monthly Harvest Returns screen will display and the return status will update.
|Back to contents|
- Stock lines will be generated from all landing and disposal reports with an event date during the month of the MHR (e.g., landing reports dated in July will be included on your July MHR).
- Any landing report that does not include an LFR details received date where it is required (e.g. landings with code L), will not be included even if weights have been provided.
- Only landing and disposal codes that are required to be reported on your MHR will be included. A list of these codes is available here.
- Only the latest version of accepted landing and disposal reports will be included.
- Stocks will be aggregated where they are the same, and the total weight for each stock across all Landing and Disposal reports for the month will be added together, the weight will then be rounded up or down.
- Hāpuku / Bass will be aggregated to ‘HPB’ – All BAS and HAP stock codes reported with the same area code will be aggregated to ‘HPB’ (e.g. BAS1 becomes HPB1).*
- Flatfish stocks will be aggregated to ‘FLA’ – All BFL, BRI, GFL, LSO, ESO, SFL, TUR, YBF stock codes reported with the same area code will be aggregated to ‘FLA’ (e.g. LSO1 becomes FLA1).*
- Oreo stocks reported will be aggregated to ‘OEO’ - All BOE, SSO, SOR and WOE stock codes reported with the same area code will be aggregated to ‘OEO’ (e.g. SSO3 becomes OEO3).*
- Green-Lipped Mussel and Green-Lipped Mussel spat stocks will be aggregated to ‘GLM’ - MSG and MSP stock codes reported with the same area code will be aggregated to ‘GLM’ (e.g. MSG1 becomes GLM1).*
- All vessels included on any accepted report (Trip Start, Trawl, etc.) during the month will be included in the vessel details.
*Please note: These stocks must be reported at a group level in your Monthly Harvest Returns (MHRs) only.
You must report them at a species level in your electronic reports.