ERS Summary Page Filters
Use the filters at the top of the page to select which ERS events you would like to find and/or export. The filters can be used in any combination.
- A vessel name must be chosen to enable the Trip Start date field
- The Status field is automatically defaulted to ‘Latest Version’ but can be changed to statuses of ‘Accepted’, ‘Error’, ‘Rejected’ or ‘All’. Only the latest versions can be exported.
- Multiple event types can be selected. Selecting ‘Trawl’ will return all trawl methods.
ERS Summary Page Grid
The grid below the filters will display the events selected from your filtered criteria. The details of these events will be included in an export.
- A warning will display if more than 1,000 events have been selected for export.
- The maximum number of events that you can export is 2,000.
When you have the events you need, select the Export button. You will have three options;
- Aggregated: The export will sum up event data into an aggregated summary and an aggregated list that shows the data included in the aggregation.
- Aggregated and Detail: The export will include both the aggregated summary and aggregated list, and the details of each individual event on separate tabs in the spreadsheet.
- Details: The export will contain the details of each individual event on separate tabs in the spreadsheet.
Select an export option and an excel spreadsheet will download to your computer. Depending on the web browser you are using, the spreadsheet may open automatically or you may see it downloaded in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
Open the file and select ‘Enable Editing’ to save the spreadsheet to a location on your computer.
- Enabling editing allows you to be able to filter and sort the results as you please.
Using the Spreadsheet
The details of each event are on a separate tab in your spreadsheet. Depending on what you have chosen to export, the spreadsheet may have many tabs.
If you have included aggregated results, these will appear first in your spreadsheet. There will be an aggregated summary and an aggregated list tab for each event type. Aggregated results tabs are named by event type.
Individual event detail tabs are in order of event date. Event details tabs are named with a number and the event name. The number is the order in which that particular event type has occurred on your trip.
If your spreadsheet has many tabs, you may find it easier to right click on the arrows in the bottom left corner of the spreadsheet. This brings up a list of all the tabs in the spreadsheet.
Select the tab you’d like to go to, and select OK. The spreadsheet will go to that tab for you.
- If you hold the Ctrl button down and left click over the arrows, the spreadsheet will scroll to the first and last tabs.
If you have exported aggregated and detail results, the aggregated list tab in the spreadsheet contains hyperlinks. Select a hyperlink and you will be taken to the individual event details tab which has that record.
Select the hyperlink in the header of the individual event details tab and you will be taken back to the aggregated list tab.
If you want to filter or sort the details of an event, select the columns you would like to include. Make sure to include the header row, but not the totals row at the bottom.
At the top of the spreadsheet, select ‘Filter’ from the ‘Sort & Filter’ dropdown menu.
This adds little arrow buttons to your header row which you can use to change the order of your results, or view results for only a selected value.
When you click on the arrow you will see the ability to sort the results alphabetically or numerically, or to filter the results to only see a specific value/s. For example, to see all results for FLA3 only.